The Fastest Meme Generator on the Planet. Easily add text to images or memes.
No SpacingTop and BottomTopBottom
Upload new template
← Transparency color. Used as background since this image contains transparency. Click to change.
Note: font can be customized per-textbox by clicking the gear icon.
Enable drag/drop & resize
Use resolution of original template image, do not resize. Potentially higher quality, but larger filesize.
NoneSmart Posterize (best on real photos)Meme BorderJPEG DegradeJPEG Min QualityBlurSharpenMedian FilterMedian Filter + Sharpen
Pro-tip: If you Login or Join Imgflip, your captioned memes will be saved in your account
Private (must download image to save or share)
Remove “imgflip.com” watermark
Save Text Box Settings
What is the Meme Generator?
It’s a free online image maker that allows you to add custom resizable text to images. It operates in HTML5 canvas, so your images are created instantly on your own device. Most commonly, people use the generator to add text captions to established memes, so technically it’s more of a meme “captioner” than a meme maker. However, you can also upload your own images as templates.
How can I customize my meme?
- You can move and resize the text boxes by dragging them around. If you’re on a mobile device, you may have to first check “enable drag/drop” in the More Options section.
- You can customize the font color and outline color next to where you type your text.
- You can further customize the font in the More Options section, and also add additional text boxes. Imgflip supports all web fonts and Windows/Mac fonts including bold and italic, if they are installed on your device. Any other font on your device can also be used. Note that Android and other mobile operating systems may support fewer fonts unless you install them yourself.
- You can insert popular or custom stickers and other images including scumbag hats, deal-with-it sunglasses, speech bubbles, and more. Opacity and resizing are supported.
- You can rotate, flip, and crop any templates you upload.
- You can draw, outline, or scribble on your meme using the panel just above the meme preview image.
- You can create “meme chains” of multiple images stacked vertically by adding new images with the “below current image” setting.
Can I use the generator for more than just memes?
Yes! The Meme Generator is a flexible tool for many purposes. By uploading custom images and using all the customizations, you can design many creative works including posters, banners, advertisements, and other custom graphics.
Why is there an “imgflip.com” watermark on my memes?
The Imgflip watermark helps other people find where the meme was created, so they can make memes too! However, if you’d really like to, you can remove our watermark from all images you create, as well as remove ads and supercharge your image creation abilities, using Imgflip Pro or Imgflip Pro Basic.
Can I make animated or video memes?
Yes! Animated meme templates will show up when you search in the Meme Generator above (try “party parrot”). If you don’t find the meme you want, browse all the GIF Templates or upload and save your own animated template using the GIF Maker.
Do you have a wacky AI that can write memes for me?
Funny you ask. Why yes, we do. Here you go: imgflip.com/ai-meme (warning, may contain vulgarity)